Revealed at the 2016 MWC in Barcelona, we got a full hands-on experience with the Samsung Galaxy S7 and its big brother; the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Let us tell you a little more about this excellent handset!
New and improved design
Both the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are atheistically pleasing from the moment you set eyes on them. They’re crafted from the finest metal and glass, so they’re as sturdy and durable as they are attractive. The new curved rear design sits perfectly in the palm of your hand and the smooth edges and compact build ensure that it won’t slip out easily. There were rumours of a larger design and I’m glad that these rumours remained just that. It also wouldn’t have made sense with the Note variant expected later in the year, along with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge+.
The S7 ranges are IP68 dust and water resistance rating and are the first Samsung Galaxy smartphones to do so. Ultimately that means this is the most waterproof handset that Samsung have ever released – although you won’t want to go scuba-diving with it just yet.
- Fast battery charging: 83% in 30 min (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Wireless charging (Qi/PMA) – market dependent
- ANT+ support
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- OneDrive (115 GB cloud storage)
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Photo/video editor
- Document editor
- Fingerprint sensor